Swallowing of a foreign object is the second most common endoscopic emergency after gastrointestinal bleeding. We aimed to report a case of razor blade swallowing that presented with abdominal pain. A 33-year-old man was brought to the emergency department by his relatives with the complaint of abdominal pain that had started after swallowing a razor blade 1 day earlier. His past history was notable for schizoaffective disorder. A plain abdominal radiogram showed multiple appearances consistent with metallic, shiny foreign objects (razor blade) at multiple levels.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.